Sunday, June 1, 2008

Down Time

Nothing constructive got done on the house this weekend - not even the grass mowed. Oh well. I good time was hiking Starved Rock and Mattheissen state parks this weekend. So I am not complaining.

Found out that my girl and her boy are not in the kind of shape I thought they were in. The big boy scout hiking people just aren't used to that kind of movement. I think i can go longer than either of them. Ally did very well, but did tire out. Chris didn't do too bad but the nap he took just wasn't long enough for him to recover. Oh well.

So this week it is mowing, finish the mudding. I will then prime the walls and hopefully paint. Then I can hang cabinets and do the floor at my leisure. And that can be done alone with no help. Ally has to start concentrating on her house for getting it sold.

There is some stuff I will have to go over and help with, but it is fairly simple and quick to do. She needs to get her place painted and cleaned up. She did alot over there tonite, which was good.

As the kitchen comes to a close (which is still at least 2 weeks away) I will get more pictures up. It will be beautiful, once it is complete.

4 comments:

Ally said...

It was a beautiful weekend even with the occassional rain and wind gusts that wanted to take us away. Hiking was a lot of fun...stairs were not my friend but the trails were a breeze. Found out that if I side stepped up the stairs it didn't burn as bad nor wind me as much. We did about 5.5 miles on Saturday and then off to shopping with christine....and ummmmm ummmm did we ever find some great wine at our wine tastings. Yes that was plural...we did two different ones. Mike says he didn't nap while we were gone so that's the story we'll have to go with. I didn't get tired until after my regular bedtime and eating a great dinner out at the local pub! It was great to get away from work for the weekend but it was waiting for us when we returned.

Ally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ally said...

OK...I am a little more sore today after getting home last night and pulling weeds and cleaning house. I may have pushed my limits just a bit with the earlier hike and hitting it hard when we got home. Oh well, I do feel better now that I made great strides on my house (with Chris' help with some of the outside stuff). Should be completely ready for it to be shown by this weekend. Tonight I get the listing signed off on and then it is out of my hands. God willing it will go smoothly and I'll even get a little more than what I owe on it. Crap that reminds me...I have to find the appraisal from when I bought it almost 4 years ago. A little of me is being left behind but Michael will get all of me for the future.

Tony "the big fat loser" said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all!