Monday, June 23, 2008

3 less pets

Well it has been a long few days with Michael basking in Alaska. Thursday night (the first night) we had a bird in the house and the dog got skunked. PEEEEEUUUUUU! My son sent me to get pellets and the bb gun. One down that night. Did you know, skunks are mates for life but they aren't very good parents. They start getting shot at the baby's are left to fend for themselves.

Oh, I caught the bird with a butterfly net and a box and he was set free. Only one mess to clean up. We were very fortunate.

Friday night...another one dealt with...another baby. According to Michael there were three. I haven't seen the parents since Thursday. I think they send the baby out to see if they come back.

Saturday morning the third one is out there all by itself. Chris takes care of him later that morning. You'll hear about the rest of this day later.

Sunday, Chris and I go kyaking at Kickapoo for a while until the storm comes in. Wasn't worried about the rain, but the lightening was pretty intense. Haven't seen any skunks lately. I think the mom & dad relocated...or they were the fur that was scattered in the mancave. Good Fox!

Time to mow...Chris won't until I move the remains. He said "I killed them, you can get rid of them". ....hmmmm....what to do. I'm not about to grab a leg and cart them anywhere...are you kidding? Ok, the pitchfork...scooped them up and hurled them over the fence into the prairie. I thought it would bother me more, but the feat of dealing with stinky dog reminded me they were pests not pets.

It was a busy weekend and as I said, more on that later. Michael gets home today, can't wait! Welcome home sweetie!!

No comments: