Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lights, wire, insulation....

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

We layed out the imaginary island last night. I'm going to practice walking around it when working in the kitchen and get used to it. Maybe that way I won't get so many bruises when it is really there :).

It's time to make decisions on lighting and outlets. Unfortunately the open houses we visited this weekend were of no assistance at all. We purchased cans for the ceiling, are pretty sure which pendant lights we want for over the island. Now we just need to figure out what we want for the task lighting under the cabinets. There are so many choices. Reading things from various sources seems to help. All have common things we need to remember to do.

We are at that point where the sink and dishwasher are going to have to come out so we can get the electrical done and start the drywalling. I guess I will get good at washing dishes in the tub or all meals will be at my house for a while.

To do's:
Order sink and sink base (the one cabinet Schrock's just refuse to get in),
Finalize placement for electrical boxes,
Figure out how much drywall to buy and buy it
Dig out all the mudding tools (yep, this girl has all that),
and last but not least...get to work!!

2 comments:

Corey said...

I decided on flourscent undercabinet lights for the kitchen.

I thought about pucks and LEDs, but didn't go with pucks because I wanted to light the backsplash evenly, and I thought for the amount of use the lower power use of the LEDs over flourescent wasn't worth the additional costs up front.

Tony "the big fat loser" said...

Looking good guys! Keep up the good work.